Here’s a list of some great personal finance resources–everything from bloggers, tools, articles, videos–all related to Financial Independence and Early Retirement in some way.
This is a list from my browser bookmarks that I collected over time, some great, some good (not in any particular order). One day I’ll categorize and order the larger list of articles at the bottom.
I’m not affiliated with nor do I endorse any of the content found through the links below, this is strictly informational stuff.
Sometimes it’s just fun to checkout random sites since you never know what you’ll learn.
Hope it’s useful to you…
- Mr. Money Mustache — Early Retirement through Badassity
- Mad Fientist – Financial Independence and Early Retirement
- Jlcollinsnh-The Simple Path to Wealth
- Rockstar Finance Blogger Directory
- Rockstar Forums
- MMM Forums
- Boglehead Forums
- Reddit Forums- Financial Independence
- Jlcollinsnh | Stock Series
- What if you only invested at market peaks?
- Shockingly Simple Math Behind Early Retirement
- How to Go from Middle-Class to Kickass | Mr. Money Mustache
Awesome Tools, Videos, & Calculators:
- When Can I Retire? | Networthify
- Stockchoker: figure out what you could’ve made on a past investment
- FIRECalc: A different kind of retirement calculator
- Global Stock Market Valuation Ratios (Shiller PE, CAPE, PB…)
- How the Economic Machine Works – Ray Dalio
- The Earth Awaits – Find Cities in Your Budget
- Find US City with Best Cost of Living Calculator
- An Interactive Guide to FIRE
- The Best Money Visualizations by HowMuch.net
- Retirement Planning Tool – Visual Calculator
- TurboTax® TaxCaster, Free Tax Calculator, Free Tax Refund Estimator
- Investment Calculator
- Future Value Calculator
- Financial Calculators from Dinkytown.net
- JLColins | Calculators, etc.
- Retirement Calculator
- S&P 500 Shiller PE Ratio
- Financial Independence Spreadsheet
- Fear & Greed Index – Investor Sentiment – CNNMoney
- Tax-Loss Harvesting | MadFientist
- Tax-Gain Harvesting | Mad Fientist
- Never Pay Taxes Again – Go Curry Cracker!
- The Best And Worst States For Taxes In 2016 – Forbes
- Top 15 Least Tax-Friendly States for Retirees-Kiplinger
- Tax-efficient fund placement – Bogleheads
- Ways to Save on Taxes All Year Round-Kiplinger
- Did the IRS just give an extra $35k/yr of tax-free-growth saving space?
- Traditional IRA vs. Roth IRA – The Best Choice for Early Retirement
- Retire Even Earlier Without Earning More or Spending Less
- The Ultimate Retirement Account
- Mega backdoor – Roth IRA vs Roth 401k – Bogleheads.org
- Mega Backdoor Roth: Convert Within Plan or Out to Roth IRA?
- Maintain A Roth IRA Contributions and Withdrawals Spreadsheet
- Climbing The Roth IRA Conversion Ladder To Fund Early Retirement | Root of Good
- Roth IRA Horse Race
Travel Hacking & Blogs:
- Travel Miles 101 – Travel Miles 101: The quickest & easiest way to get started saving big with travel rewards points and miles..
- The Point Guys
- Travel is Free
- Travel Card Ratings Tool
- Travel AwardHacker
Blogs, Forums, & Articles (some random bookmarks):
- F-You Money: John Goodman v. jlcollinsnh
- Predicting Stock Market Returns Using Shiller-CAPE And PB | Seeking Alpha
- Long Investment Time Horizons – The AlphaGlider Blog
- Variable percentage withdrawal – Bogleheads
- I Hope Pfau, Kitces, and Collins Know What the Hell They’re Talking About
- Kitces.com – Advancing Knowledge in Financial Planning
- Retirement Researcher
- ThinkSaveRetire.com – Think hard. Save fast. Retire early.
- Escaping to Freedom – Escaping to Freedom
- Forging You Into a More Prudent Spender
- Shortest Path to Financial Independence
- Are Bonds a Good Investment Now in 2016-2017? Additional Fed Rate Hikes Expected| Buy or Sell Bonds? – AdvisoryHQ
- Five Myths of Bond Investing – WSJ
- What Happens to Your Bond Fund When Interest Rates Rise – WSJ
- Enchumbao – True Happiness Fueled by Financial Independence
- Bruno’s Path to Financial Freedom –
- Millennial Revolution – Stop Working. Start Living.
- The Rise Of Stealth Wealth: Ways To Stay Invisible From Society If You Have Money | Financial Samurai
- Justin Colletti | Economics
- Insights & Ideas: Podcast | Charles Schwab
- dII_Su16_Diversification_021.png (PNG Image, 2851 × 3242 pixels) – Scaled (40%)
- Journal Portfolio Success Rates: Where to Draw the Line
- The Wash Sale Rule
- How to hold down any job | The Escape Artist
- Choosing the right index fund – Bogleheads.org
- The Escape Artist | You can escape to financial freedom…
- You can be too careful | The Escape Artist
- Understanding your money blueprint | The Escape Artist
- Bogleheads Investing Advice and Info
- Financial independence: How to get there
- » How I live on $7,000 per year Early Retirement Extreme: — a combination of simple living, anticonsumerism, DIY ethics, self-reliance, and applied capitalism
- Frugalwoods – Financial independence and simple living
- Investing Archives – Can I Retire Yet?
- Buying a Better Index Than the S&P 500 | InvestorPlace
- Reddit Investing
- Reddit personal finance
- Getting Started #3 – Eliminate Short-Termitis, the Bankruptcy Disease
- The Joy of Self Employment
- What to Do About This Scary Stock Market
- How Much is TOO MUCH in your 401(k)?
- Early 401k Distribution Options Including 72(t) – 401khelpcenter.com
- Early Retirement Lessons — My Money Blog
- Investing in REITs is 4% better than directly investing in real estate… : investing
- Root of Good | Retired 2 years ago at 33. Life is Good.
- Go Curry Cracker! – Spend Little, Save More, Travel the World. Go Curry Cracker!Go
- Premarket Stock Trading – CNNMoney
- On Investing | Charles Schwab
- Articles on mutual funds & exchange-traded funds (ETFs) | Charles Schwab
- Create Your Own U.S. Equity Portfolio
- 3 Ways To Avoid Going Off A Stock Market Cliff With The Buy-And-Hold Herd – Forbes
- The Trouble With Target Funds – Forbes
- Rent v. Owning Your Home, opportunity cost and running some numbers
- ETFs vs mutual funds – Bogleheads
- It Did Not Take 25 Years for the Stock Market to Recover from the Peak of the 1929 Crash
- Budgets Are Sexy | Where Personal Finance Nerds are Cool
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) Is A Fantastic Deal
- Manage Vested RSUs Like A Cash Bonus & Consider Selling
- Sell Your RSUs As Soon As They Vest
- Obamacare Makes Early Retirement Easier and More Secure | Root of Good
- Case Study #2: Joe — off to a fast start!
- Triple Value of Income